Association for Women in Computing - Membership Information
Why join AWC?
- Growth — Career building through volunteer and leadership opportunities as well as informational speakers
- Networking — Diverse membership makes for more networking and AWC encourages its members to learn how to build and use a network.
- Recognition — Participation in local and national AWC activities helps increase your visibility in the business community.
- Education — Most AWC chapters hold monthly meetings that include networking, dinner, and an informative presentation related to IT or personal/professional growth.
- Service — Take advantage of volunteer opportunities in your local community and AWC chapters award scholarships to women working toward technology-related degrees.
- Self-esteem — Increase your self-esteem by learning new skills and attacking new challenges in a supportive and caring environment.
- Mentoring — Find a mentor, be a mentor.
We offer two types of membership: chapter and independent member.
- Dues vary by chapter. They range from $35 to $100 per year. The annual average due is $61 (US Dollars).
Independent Member - Annual dues $25 (US Dollars).
Independent membership is for professionals who are unable to attend chapter meetings. We have independent members in the U.S. and
abroad. See the indepement members page for more information on the process.